Followers of Loubys Life

Search This Blog

Please Leave A Comment, It Makes My Day!

Thanks for looking.

Monday 4 August 2008

Engagement and A Wedding

At last found some time on Sunday afternoon to get to my hidey hole and do some card making. Still couldn't go too mad as I had some rather sensible occasion cards to make. We are going away shortly so thought I'd better get done the cards we need for the Doos we have the week we come back.

So first off was the Engagement Card for a neighbours youngest daughter. I went for a silver/grey theme and used mirror card to cut the hearts with the Sizzix double heart die. I "tied"the two together with silver/grey ribbon and added bling. The backing paper was from a K and Co pad and the congratulations is from Hero Arts stamped in Versafine Smokey Grey. Added more ribbon and bling to finish. I will put "on your Engagement" on the card insert as I haven't put it on the front.
For the Wedding card I embossed the whole front of the card with the Swiss dots Cuttlebug folder. As the card is bigger than the folder it left a nice flat area to put the Sentiment - " Best Wishes On Your Wedding Day" - Hero Arts I think, will check later. Heat embossed the wedding cake( think its from Stampendous- will correct later if not) in gold, added some pastel colours with watercolour paints and added some stickles glue to decorate. Layered up on white glitter card (hasn't shown up on photo) and some K and Co backing paper. Added the little corner details and ribbon from stash.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? Exept:WOW!!!WOW!!! WOW!!!!
Nadia

Rach said...

Two beautiful cards Louby, well done. hugs Rach.xx

Powered By Blogger